I know, I know the change over took longer than expected, and I’ll probably cop another earful about it. You wouldn’t want me as your train driver, would you But hey, after all the technical and mostly scheduling issues, the ‘big change’ is finally revealed, is it not!?
And so my initial questions are: Is it anything like what you expected!? Was it as left field as you thought? Do you like the new site design?
I’m going to ask you for your feedback obviously, but let’s go over the all the changes first and of course it’s time to reveal the winners of ‘Ayako – Sex Addiction‘…. but hold your horses, we’ll get to that!
So what is the new change, the new concept?
Some of you guessed a new web site, collaborations with other artists, profiles, a community web site and so on, all pretty close. In fact as a whole I was pretty damn surprised at all the cool things you guys came up with, a lot of it, I’d thought of and a lot of things got me thinking. But back on point… what is exactly the new conecpt?:
Affect3D will become a hub for x-rated 3D art and porn!
I’m saying specifically 3D hentai, art and porn. Like a mini IGN for 3D porn, smaller scale more intimate of course, more about the community! This may sound like a big undertaking a big transformation or even be politically incorrect, but here’s the deal: Of course I love what I do and creating 3d porn will always be my main priority, but I enjoy the Umemaros, Double Cream Softs or Pureprisms as much as the next guy. As an artist it’s difficult to get my news out there and as a punter I personally found there’s no official port for scene updates and news specifically related to 3D hentai and porn.
There’s dlsite itself, but it’s obviously a store not really a place to get in depth news, review, interviews that kind of thing. And yes, there are a lot of underground communities, and I love them, that’s where I started and learned about this stuff and they’ll always be great to hang out at, but since these communities are dealing in “certain activies” they won’t ever officially be able to interface and interact with the artists the people that make this whole 3D thing a reality for us to enjoy and at the end of the day if we want this thing to grow we need something a little more official I feel. This is where Affect3D comes in =)
And seriously I strongly believe that as 3D hentai progresses and becomes more realistic it will reach main stream status eventually. There are a lot of things that differentiate 3D porn from regular porn, which makes it massively special, but I will save myself that for another article, I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about it and so I really want to discuss that in a separate piece.
Let’s get down to the nitty gritty:
What’s gone, what’s stays, what’s new!!
Something has to give, and with every change we have to make sacrifices:
- Old Gallery – I hope you’ve saved all the images you wanted, some of them are so awfully ugly now I couldn’t wait to get rid of them, bye bye old gallery!
- Old Blog Posts – well I guess it’s old news, Sex Addiction is about to be released, a new Affect 3D site, let’s focus on what the future brings!
- Artist’s blog – basically my progress updates towards my next project and little side projects
And here’s the cool new stuff:
- News – I guess that includes my blog updates, but also other scene news and updates about 3D art and porn, artists, new products and so on
- Reviews – I am really looking forward to this one, here is where I get to delve into all the new games, movies, galleries take them apart and give you my super biased, I, I mean un-biased review… and hopefully we get to feature your reviews as well, yes your reviews!
- Interviews – this is where it gets real cool, want to get into the artist’s head, get behind the scenes info on released and up and coming products? We’ll get to quiz al the greats of scene about what makes them tick.
- New Media – of course new galleries, videos – all the juicy stuff!
I’m perfectly happy to continue along and put out progress images, hopefully movies soon, etc and I personally I can’t wait to do some articles, reviews and interviews, but my intention in calling this site a hub is to open it up, to let more people join in on developing the site. I want it to be a platform for myself, other artists and contributors and hopefully eventually it’ll become a “from the community for the community” kind of thing So here’s the plan as I introduce every new feature like articles, reviews, galleries, etc I’ll also explain how you guys can submit articles, reviews, etc as well. Voluntary at first but paid once the site turns coin.
Is it going to work? I don’t know, I’ll put it out there and see if we get a response. If all fails I’ll revert back to the old artist blog format. But I’ve been tinkering about this idea for a long time and I just had to do something about =) Worth a try at the very lease.
Releasing the new features
As you can see the top menu is looking pretty scarce, it has just ‘News’ at the moment. The next feature will be Reviews, then Galleries, hopefully interviews and so on. I’ll slowly introduce them one at a time over the next days and weeks, so keep checking back to see how things develop!
You can either just hang out and enjoy the site or if you want to delve a little deeper feel free to contribute
So there it is. I hope you like the concept. Of course leave me a comment and let me what you like, don’t like, anything The slogan needs work for example.
… what? the winners?… Oh, yeah of course, how could I forget =)
As I said you guys did such a great job at guessing, but I couldn’t for the life of me find a 100% on point winner. However considering the amount of effort you guys put into it, I did manage to apply a little elbow grease and squeeze some winners out of the submissions. In the end guesses about the site turning into a community driven space contributed by mEEP and Strife, were pretty close guesses. And out of all I think Jack got the closest with a kind of vague response about a web site update, new features and people helping out, but as vague and thrown together as it was, it was actually about as accurate as we got.
And the winners are
Big Congrats to the winners! I will send you download links as soon as the dlsite version is released. I will email it to the email address you submitted your comment with. If you want me to send it to another email address send an email to email@example.com . And thanks again to everyone who had a go!
- Much anticipated news about ‘Ayako – Sex Addiction’
- I will progressively get all your feedback about the site, but don’t wait start posting comments below
- I’ll post more articles and news and let you know how you can submit articles
- And also a first review featuring Pureprism’s latest work, which is looking pretty damn amazing!
Features will be released progressively over the next days and weeks!
Now enjoy the new site as it unfolds =)
Affect3d.com… a new beginning! Ayako – Sex Addiction Winners!,