Forum | Affect3d.com

Full Version: Playing around with clothing morphs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. Been messing around with this lately. Right now, trying to better understand lighting, clothing morph, and deformers.

Let me know what you think.
Like the subtlety
A little something extra.
Also both very nice, I would like to learn about using clothing as well, my efforts so far have been with pre-purchased or default clothing, but getting into "draping" seems advanced?
Also I like the jewelry, where do you get those, or do you model it yourself?
The characters have fairly individual physiques, do you spend a lot of time with shaping morphs?

If you can access the default external environs (set of 4 HDR envs', each has a set with a background, and a second one which has the scene/lighting/camera presets which can save a lot of time - eg my post just now uses a default character I have prepared placed outdoor environ, mainly to save hassle setting up lighting, etc. Can seem a bit out of context I know but evenually I would like to build up my own library of scenes, lighting sets, etc. Still long way to go. What do you use to get the white backdrop in these images? Is that something we set in the render tab? or a set/prop that exists seperately?
good work so far,
(07-06-2018 06:07 PM)MihalyK Wrote: [ -> ]Also both very nice, I would like to learn about using clothing as well, my efforts so far have been with pre-purchased or default clothing, but getting into "draping" seems advanced?
Also I like the jewelry, where do you get those, or do you model it yourself?
The characters have fairly individual physiques, do you spend a lot of time with shaping morphs?

If you can access the default external environs (set of 4 HDR envs', each has a set with a background, and a second one which has the scene/lighting/camera presets which can save a lot of time - eg my post just now uses a default character I have prepared placed outdoor environ, mainly to save hassle setting up lighting, etc. Can seem a bit out of context I know but evenually I would like to build up my own library of scenes, lighting sets, etc. Still long way to go. What do you use to get the white backdrop in these images? Is that something we set in the render tab? or a set/prop that exists seperately?
good work so far,

Thanks.

I am just now getting into it so I use the white background only because I have been focusing on just learning about the character morphs and lighting. I am in no way as good at this yet as many of the people here.

I use Daz and they have a "DFormer" tool I use along with "Fit Control". Fit Control makes it really easy IMO. Then you can use the Dformer to fine tune it closer or further away from the body.

Daz also has Dforce, which I am reading up on. Haven't messed with it yet.
DForce doesn't always work well with all clothing, but you can use the Geometry Editor to create new Surfaces on specifically-targeted areas to get a little more fine control, as each Surface will have its own Dforce parameters.

Of course, more individual Simulations means more time-consuming setups, and there's a limit to how many sims can be running at once.

I've chopped up hair models into 20+ Surfaces with their own Dforce sims, and it D|S does have problems with them.
What do you guys think. Skin to bumpy?

https://sta.sh/01yf49rj6rfu

Deviant art link btw.
I'm thinking that you've got the right texture for the skin, but you're spreading it over too large an area, meaning the pores in the skin wind up being too big. Does that make sense?
(10-02-2018 08:45 PM)IBT Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking that you've got the right texture for the skin, but you're spreading it over too large an area, meaning the pores in the skin wind up being too big. Does that make sense?

It does. Very fun playing with this. I spent hours on this one, and still not happy with it. I dont like the blood on the ground and I think the skin on the thighs is not right.

My biggest learning curve right now is the lighting.

http://fav.me/dcoeo4h

I do think I can make it look better in PS.
Reference URL's