Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Vektor3dx Gallery
03-09-2018, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2018 12:07 AM by Vektor3dx.)
Photo Vektor3dx Gallery
Hey all. I'll post some work here as I can. Mostly 3d, but we'll see.

And for any of those interested, I almost exclusively use 3d Studio Max 2014, render with V-Ray 3, and everything you see is 'in-scene'. There's never any postwork or compositing to any of my images.

Comments and constructive criticism are always appreciated, and commissions are available. [email protected]

As always, thanks for looking!

[Image: tumblr_p5c6sjmSs21vto2tno1_1280.jpg]

One swallow does not a summer make.
~ Aristotle
Find all posts by this user
03-16-2018, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2018 01:11 PM by Vektor3dx.)
RE: Vektor3dx Gallery
[Image: tumblr_p5p2ypqv9a1vto2tno1_1280.jpg]
pre-viz for an upcoming comic

3ds max (rendered with V-Ray)
no post-work

commissions available
[email protected]

Thanks for looking!

~ Aristotle
03-16-2018, 10:02 PM
Nice work. I particularly like the second image. Sexy pose. Minimalist. Reflections on her suit look great. Tongue licking lips is a nice touch. Meow! Smile

Question: What exactly do you mean by "no post-work"? Does that include global adjustments like tone-mapping, contrast, sharpening, etc.? Or do you mean no compositing, cloning/healing, etc.? Not looking to pick a fight, but why does that matter?

codex3d.tumblr.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-18-2018, 01:05 PM
(03-16-2018 10:02 PM)codex Wrote:  Nice work. I particularly like the second image. Sexy pose. Minimalist. Reflections on her suit look great. Tongue licking lips is a nice touch. Meow! Smile

Question: What exactly do you mean by "no post-work"? Does that include global adjustments like tone-mapping, contrast, sharpening, etc.? Or do you mean no compositing, cloning/healing, etc.? Not looking to pick a fight, but why does that matter?

Thanks so much Codex! I generally do more minimalist stuffs I suppose unless it's for a comic or a commission or something. The reflections on her suit all come from the scene. No hdri or anything like that. And the tongue was carefully posed by me as well. Tongue

I do get this question every once in a while. Yes, you're right. No post-work means I haven't touched the image after it was rendered. So definitely no compositing, cloning/healing, hair work, coloring, etc. It matters to me because if I don't put it in there, I end up getting comments like: "good post-work on the saliva". Then it's like, nooo...the saliva is in the scene...! So if I don't put it in there, people think I'm just comp'ing everything...drawing hair in post...etc, and if I do put it in there, people think I'm just being an asshole. So between the two, I guess I choose being the asshole who's doing everything in scene rather than the nice guy who's accused of doing everything in post. lol Tongue

~ Aristotle
03-18-2018, 01:11 PM
[Image: tumblr_p5sq9xHatc1vto2tno1_1280.jpg]

close-up of the pre-viz for an upcoming comic

no post-work

commissions available
[email protected]

Thanks for looking!

~ Aristotle
03-20-2018, 07:34 AM
Very good lighting work! As for me I still I experience some difficulties with a good lighting of characters and scenes so that they look great from any angle and that's why need to fine-tune with post-work. But I'll fight it over time - less time for post-work = more time for creation.
May I ask where did you get this perfect suit for kitty?
03-20-2018, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2018 10:54 AM by Vektor3dx.)
(03-20-2018 07:34 AM)Futanarica Wrote:  Very good lighting work! As for me I still I experience some difficulties with a good lighting of characters and scenes so that they look great from any angle and that's why need to fine-tune with post-work. But I'll fight it over time - less time for post-work = more time for creation.
May I ask where did you get this perfect suit for kitty?

Thank you so much! My idea with Catwoman was to just put her in a studio setting and light her like a car commercial. I really don't know what I'm doing though. To give you an idea, it took me about 20 lights to do the Spreader-Bar image (not including candles). Catwoman is just two soft-boxes, though I could have gotten by with one.
But you're absolutely right. Good scene set-ups allow the speed and freedom to shoot from multiple angles, (as I did here with the close-up, I literally changed nothing,) or put other characters in there, and having the characters set up properly in-turn allows the confidence to put them in other scenes with a lot less time-consuming hassle.

The suit is just the X-Fashion Kitty Girl Outfit from Daz, although I was really unhappy with the bump-map, so I quickly modified it, which I'm also not happy with in these renders. lol I'll go back and fix it properly before I use it in any final renders.

~ Aristotle
03-20-2018, 10:47 PM
(03-18-2018 01:05 PM)Vektor3dx Wrote:  
Thanks so much Codex! I generally do more minimalist stuffs I suppose unless it's for a comic or a commission or something. The reflections on her suit all come from the scene. No hdri or anything like that. And the tongue was carefully posed by me as well. Tongue

I do get this question every once in a while. Yes, you're right. No post-work means I haven't touched the image after it was rendered. So definitely no compositing, cloning/healing, hair work, coloring, etc. It matters to me because if I don't put it in there, I end up getting comments like: "good post-work on the saliva". Then it's like, nooo...the saliva is in the scene...! So if I don't put it in there, people think I'm just comp'ing everything...drawing hair in post...etc, and if I do put it in there, people think I'm just being an asshole. So between the two, I guess I choose being the asshole who's doing everything in scene rather than the nice guy who's accused of doing everything in post. lol Tongue

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Just for additional context, I come from a software development background and have been exploring more artistic/creative pursuits for a comparatively short time. I must admit that I find the "purism" amongst certain artistic crowds foreign to my way of thinking. I suppose my own approach could be summarized as "use the best tool for the job" or "whatever works". If something is more easily done in post, I have no qualms about doing that. I care about the end result, not particularly about how I got there.

Having said that, I can appreciate why someone might do everything "in scene" as a personal choice.

Nice new render. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

codex3d.tumblr.com
03-21-2018, 05:03 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2018 05:03 AM by Futanarica.)
Thanks for the tip over the suit! Need to say this suit in your renders looks much eye-catching than on promo pics for product.
04-08-2018, 12:35 AM
I'm liking her.

(03-16-2018 03:04 PM)Vektor3dx Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_p5p2ypqv9a1vto2tno1_1280.jpg]
pre-viz for an upcoming comic

no post-work

commissions available
[email protected]

Thanks for looking!

04-26-2018, 04:48 PM
The book is out! Go get it! =D
https://affect3dstore.com/slumber-party-invasion.html

And my next book is already completed, so look for it on there in the next couple weeks as well. Thanks!

[Image: 0-a3d-main-slumberpartyinvasion.jpg]

~ Aristotle
06-19-2018, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2018 11:39 AM by Vektor3dx.)
Video RE: Vektor3dx Gallery
Teaser for the SuperHard - Painkiller movie. Hope you like it!

The comic is available now, here on Affect3d!
Vektor3dx on Affect3d

~ Aristotle
07-16-2018, 09:19 PM
[Image: tumblr_pbzk74Xh6W1vto2tno1_1280.jpg]

What if Sleeping Beauty woke up early?

Patreon/Vektor3dx

~ Aristotle
08-01-2018, 09:27 PM
Just a quick image for Spider-Man Day. I literally threw this together in two hours, so please be kind. That’s also an old M4 model from, what, 6 years ago? I may just have to come back to this one and do it right.

[Image: tumblr_pct7twPtTE1vto2tno1_1280.jpg]

~ Aristotle