Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
LoChrome's Chamber Elf Thread
01-07-2015, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2015 12:06 AM by LoChrome.)
LoChrome's Chamber Elf Thread
For wet elf fans, the Chamber Elf gets a name, a new friend and a place to get wet.
[Image: 2elves_modo.jpg]

This is my first image done in Modo starting with imported DS content. I'm getting used to the weird shader tree thing (give me nodes!) and should have smoothed some of the architecture curves. However, with the promise of fluids and other particle effects, I may stick with Modo for more of Ajishila's adventures.

• • •
My Affect3D art
My DeviantArt
My erotic fiction is here and here
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Page 2 (The above is first post of this thread)
02-02-2015, 11:02 PM
RE: LoChrome's Chamber Elf Thread
With my on my kissing elves disappointing me so much, and my 30-day trial of Modo on the verge of expiring, I decided to revisit an earlier work and single out the expression I loved so much. So Ajilisha, laughing after she dropped her towel.

[Image: Dropped.jpg]

Same skin shader set up as the kissing Ajilisha (the taller one), but much, much more light in the scene. Exported as a gamma 1.0, linear color space to hit the skin tone, then some additional color tweaks in Photoshop.

• • •
My Affect3D art
My DeviantArt
02-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Does anyone like ass? I've got some luscious booty for y'all.

[Image: Elf_Army.jpg]

This was a major pain—I don't really have enough memory to deal with that many polys. So I split it into two renders I composited in Photoshop. I'm much happier with the skins this go-round, but its back to my usual studio set-up. Next up is working on getting them to perform better in scenes.

• • •
My Affect3D art
My DeviantArt
02-09-2015, 12:06 PM
Back to the Chamber Elf story. This is the first one with text embedded into the image. Hopefully, it can be read. I put a PDF with a 2x resolution image up on Deviant Art if this causes you any trouble.

[Image: The_Bargain.jpg]

• • •
My Affect3D art
My DeviantArt
02-12-2015, 07:12 AM
I can read it just fine. Nice one Lo.

Deviant Art
Find all posts by this user
02-19-2015, 02:07 AM
[Image: Ajilisha_Morning_to_Night.jpg]

What? A family-safe image? These elves are not happy. But I need to get my skin shader in order before I want to go onto the exciting next Chamber Elf render.

These are all rendered with Modo, using a physical sun, so the eyes have nothing to reflect.

• • •
My Affect3D art
My DeviantArt
03-04-2015, 01:06 AM
Another entry in the Chamber Elf sage. Not my best writing. Not my best render. Blah. But after having computer problems and weird texture issues, I wanted to push the story forward.
[Image: 03_What_Iphqa_Sees.jpg]

On the plus side, Iphqa's skin is working pretty well here.

• • •
My Affect3D art
My DeviantArt
03-10-2015, 06:23 AM
Hey mate...detail seems to be lacking in this picture regarding their features. That's a nice chamber though.
What are you rendering with at present...still modo? Did you decide to buy it or giving it another test?

Deviant Art
03-12-2015, 01:21 AM
I'm using Modo Indie, which is remarkably cheap at $10/month. It has pretty much all the features of full Modo, except scenes are saved in a file format that only the individual licensee can open. Which is a great way to prevent studios from abusing it while putting in the hands of artists. If I had the money to buy Maya, I'd get that over Modo, but just barely. And quite possibly only because I still have more deep knowledge of Maya than Modo.

Yeah, this image turned out to be a disappointment. The only part that gives me any joy is the close up of Iphqa. I think her skin is working (the up-pointed finger seems to have exactly the right amount of SSS, for example), and I like her expression. The rest of it doesn't work nearly as well as I'd like—it feels like a step back in terms of my skin shaders and the writing isn't up to my standards.

• • •
My Affect3D art
My DeviantArt
03-12-2015, 02:39 AM
I would not call it a disappointment, not by a long shot.
This image has a lot going for it and I like where the story is going.
The reason Iphqa's shot was better was mainly due to the lighting. I appreciate you have candles lighting the scene but the beauty of course is that we can cheat...so do! a nice warm light to better show Riish and Larsai's facial features along with their eyes would make a big difference.
I appreciate a lot of emphasis is placed on the skin shaders, but work on that lighting a bit more and then let's turn our attention to shaders and other details.

I'm looking forward to another render of this scene.

How long did this render take you?

Deviant Art
03-12-2015, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the encouragement.

1:57 for the main image; 2:24 for the Iphqa close up. They're in the same scene, with the same lights (although I moved the "candle" for for the close up to get a better result on Iphqa's face).

I agree on the lighting. For some reason, it looked right to me when I was first working on it, but now it seems super dark. Modo has great toning tools, so even before you export the image, you can correct for a lot of lighting sins.
[Image: Screen_Shot_2015_03_12_at_10_44_52_AM.jpg]

Until recently, I was rendering out megabright, then adjusting the images in post.

With some correcting, this gets better:
[Image: Lord_Sprachm_gsut_Has_Wants.jpg]
free screen capture software

But, oy!, I'm so much better with 3-point lighting Tongue

Now I need to figure out where this story is going and how I can tell it in the little chunks of text under each frame.

When are you going to do a render with the sweaty guy getting caught? Or with him looking at something other than us?

• • •
My Affect3D art
My DeviantArt
03-12-2015, 06:06 PM
I needed Shayna for that and one more female character...hopefully before Christmas!!!!!

Deviant Art
03-12-2015, 06:30 PM
Before Christmas? As in nine months for now? You have a different time scale than me, my friend. Are you waiting to buy a new character? Or need time to develop one?

• • •
My Affect3D art
My DeviantArt
03-13-2015, 12:57 AM
LOL Lo...was just kidding mate.
My time is so limited atm though and I'm not spending as much time on my image creation and required skills as I would like; but hopefully I can put that particular image together in the not too distant future.

Deviant Art
03-13-2015, 05:01 PM
The internet can't hear you laugh. Unless you attach an MP3.

I'm looking forward to seeing it, even if I take your Christmas threats too literally.

• • •
My Affect3D art
My DeviantArt
03-16-2015, 03:57 PM
Playing with expressions.

[Image: Noqe_Doesn_t_Need_You_med.jpg]
photo uploader

Full size

Rendering this was a huge, massively time-intensive pain until I thought to render out the building with a spherical camera and use it as an HDR environment. Even counting the separate render for the HDR, I cut my overall render time to less than 20%.

• • •
My Affect3D art
My DeviantArt
03-23-2015, 11:09 PM
Before the harrowing experiences of the next Chamber Elf comic, Iphqa gets to have some fun posing for a fashion shoot. In some other place and time, where elves exist in modern photo studios.
[Image: Love_Iphqazibi_big.jpg]

• • •
My Affect3D art
My DeviantArt
04-01-2015, 07:49 PM
[Image: Give_Daddy_a_Boy_deviant.jpg]
A more explicit version is, um, coming.

• • •
My Affect3D art
My DeviantArt
04-09-2015, 08:49 PM
Time to reboot the Chamber Elf story.

The opening episode goes back to Iqpha's first days in captivity. Because Iphqa and her twin are twelve at this point, no nudity (plus, I don't want to create a violent gang rape scene, especially of a child.). I think the third episode gets to more Affec3D appropriate content Tongue At some point, there will be futa and I won't let auto-correct turn it into feta. I promise.

Chamber Elf 01: Throwing Jaledi to the Wolves

[Image: 01_Throwing_Jaledi_to_the_Wolves.jpg]

The PDF, with possibly clearer text, is here:
http://lochrome.deviantart.com/art/The-C...hrome&qo=1

• • •
My Affect3D art
My DeviantArt
04-22-2015, 03:54 PM
The next Chamber Elf panel is going to take a lot of work, so I did a quick (3–5 hours of non-render time?) render of a woman with a sexy belly button. It was so successful, I decided to take her bra off. And since I was undressing her, why not make her more curvy, more a tune to the Affect3d sensibility? Why not indeed.

L'Affect3d dangereuse
[Image: l_affect3d_dangereuse.jpg]

Most of the non-render time was spent fixing the mesh—poor intersections and getting the shirt to fit within her fingers (kinda). Unfortunately, I didn't notice until it was too late to bother that when I reshaped the reader, her fingers fell away from her glasses…

• • •
My Affect3D art
My DeviantArt
04-22-2015, 06:34 PM
Indeed...why not? Looking good mate.

Deviant Art