Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New tech for 3dx??
01-06-2017, 07:41 PM
New tech for 3dx??
will stuff like this have a big impact on 3dx??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dliSGX0xg1Y
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2017, 10:09 PM
RE: New tech for 3dx??
That looks cool, but i doubt most 3DX creators can afford such a tool at this time?

I mean it looks expensive and the software possibly even more so, though i would maybe in the not to distant future expect to see a similar something using a webcam instead?

But then again i aint a creator myself, though i have tried to learn how to.
01-09-2017, 09:50 AM
If priced right, yeah this would be great especially for the facial animation which is tough to look real.

My Patreon Page
My Deviantart page
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-09-2017, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 11:57 AM by gazukull.)
Actually, the perception neruon twin pack and software was only 5k right before xmas. The problem lies in the pipeline to a software for the final product. Iclone needs zbrush integration, or DS needs its own plug for PN. I might get a set later this year if one of those two things happen.

OR I just learn a new package that can do that, but I really don't have a schedule to allow me to go back to school.

I am doing this retirement thing all wrong, more busy than I ever was...

EDIT: https://neuronmocap.com/content/product/...p-live-duo

Actually that price is still live. Excellent Tongue

[Image: gazukullsidebanner2.png]
01-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Miro discussed the idea of using motion capture in the future for our characters' facial expressions and speaking, but it was more of a theoretical conversation than a "we have the means to do this right now" conversation. As gazukull said, incorporating the motion capture into our current workflow is probably a bigger sticking point than the cost of the technology itself. We may also need to recruit some better acting talent, cause I'm a lousy physical actor ^_^;;;

Writer, Voice Actress, Lover of Zerglings and Pancakes.