As an organization primarily offering adult content, Affect3D wholly understands the need for discretion when handling users data. We record and store only a small amount of identifying data from users’ visiting and using our website, and have outlined the ways in which we do so below.
Who we are
What personal data we collect, why we collect it, and how long we retain it
When visitors leave comments on our site, we collect the data shown in the comment form, as well as the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string. IP address and browser user agent data are collected to help spam detection and moderation.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely (unless deletion is requested). This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Users have the option of creating user accounts on the site which stores a username, password, and email address, as well as additional, optional personal information. This information is collected and stored for the purpose of allowing users to submit, edit, and publish content on the site. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username) by logging into their user profile at https://affect3d.com/wp-admin. Website administrators can also see and edit the information in a user profile.
User accounts and their contents are retained indefinitely unless deletion is requested.
If you upload images to the website (such as a user profile image), you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images uploaded to Affect3D.com.
Images uploaded are retained indefinitely.
There are various contact forms on Affect3D designed to accept customer service tickets, job applications, and user submitted content. If you submit a contact form through our website, the name and email address you provide, as well as the contents of the message, are stored on our servers. Customer service tickets are retained for up to 5 years unless deletion is requested earlier by the user. Job applications and user submitted content are retained for 2 years unless deletion is requested earlier by the user.
If you subscribe to one of our mailing lists, you may receive marketing emails from us. We only send emails to users who have explicitly signed up to do so, either through a subscription window on our site, or as an option at the end of a product purchase. Once signed up, we will store your email address for the purpose of providing you updates, marketing, and entry into website giveaways. We send these emails via our own server. When a users subscribes to our newsletter a subscriber profile is created automatically which tracks if you open an email, or clicks a link in the email. Affect3D staff can view individual subscriber profiles, and uses an aggregated report of all records to gauge the success of a newsletter marketing campaign. Our newsletter software respects your browsers “Do Not Track” feature.
A subscriber profile that is actively subscribed to a mailing list will be retained indefinitely. If a user unsubscribes to all mailing lists, their user profile will be deleted within the next 31 days.
Users visiting our website through an affiliate link will have identifying information such as IP addresses and some browser user agent strings sent to the server of the affiliate tracking software we employ: Next-Generation Affiliate Tracking Software (NATS) by TooMuchMedia.com. TooMuchMedia stores all data in encrypted data fields compliant to international privacy policies and only shares this data with Affect3D. This information is stored for 90 days before being deleted.
Embedded content from other websites
Like most sites, Affect3D uses a number of “cookies” to collect data from you or save information to your computer. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. (More information on how to do this can be found here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.) Please keep in mind that if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our site.
Cookies we use
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you submit an article on the site, edit it, or publish it, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just submitted, edited, or published. It expires after 1 day.
Third-Party Cookies we use
- Google Services We use a number of Google services on this site to both improve the browsing experience for site users and to provide statistical data for our web development team. YouTube video players, Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager are among some of the services we use. These cookies will generally last up to two years. Most of the data collected by these cookies is anonymized, meaning no personally identifying information is collected by our website or transmitted to Google for processing. Some cookies do transmit identifying data, however, such as when the user activates a service (such as clicking on an embedded YouTube video). For information on Google’s privacy policies, you may visit http://www.google.com/privacy.html.
- Social Media Sharing Buttons We offer a few social media sharing buttons on our site for the purpose of allowing users to quickly share content from our site on social media. When you click on these buttons you implement the API of these services, which will install a persistent cookie. Social media share buttons from Tumblr (Yahoo), Reddit, Sex.com, and Twitter may collect and share your data with the respective services when you interact with these share buttons.
- Affiliate Links Users visiting our website through an affiliate link will have a cookie installed in their browser by TooMuchMedia.com. This cookie transmits IP addresses and some browser agent data to TooMuchMedia. This cookie lasts for 90 days.
Who we share your data with
Any content (articles, comments, images) submitted to the site are publicly viewable to all site visitors.
Third party services and cookies share data with their respective creators. You can view the privacy policies for these services using the links below.
- Google: http://www.google.com/privacy.html
- Tumblr (Yahoo): https://www.tumblr.com/privacy
- Reddit: https://www.redditinc.com/policies/privacy-policy
- Sex.com: http://www.sex.com/about/privacy
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- TooMuchMedia: https://www.toomuchmedia.com/
What rights you have over your data
If you have a user or comment account on this site, subscribed to our mailing list, or messaged us, you can request to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. This may include your email address, IP address, comments, emails messages, and newsletter records (newsletter records store the which newsletters were sent to, received, and viewed by an email address).
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
When making such a request, please email us using the email address you are enquiring information for so we can verify you as the owner of the information. Requests can be made to email@example.com.
Please note that users simply wishing to unsubscribe from just the mailing list can do so using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. Users who need assistance with this are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where your data is sent
Due to the global nature of the internet infrastructure the information you provide may be transferred outside both Affect3D’s country of origin, and our third parties’ countries of origin. In some cases this may mean data provided by occupants of the European Economic Area will have their data transmitted outside that area. Some of those areas do not have the same protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. By using our site and submitting your information you consent to the transfers of data within and outside of the European Economic Area or your country of origin.
How we protect your data
To keep your data secure, we anonymize as much of it as possible for our operations. Where it is necessary to maintain identifying information (mostly IP addresses for moderation, and email addresses for marketing and customer service), we have restricted access to this information to a few staff who have been trained on our data protection procedures. Additionally, our site infrastructure stores this information in encrypted databases. We also have procedures in place for routine purging of extraneous data, to minimize risk in the event of a data breach.
In the event of a data breach, it is our policy to alert our site users of a data breach as soon as it is detected, unless we are advised by state, national, or international authorities to wait in sharing this information. If such an event were to occur, the only identifying information that could be compromised are email addresses, and the associated IP address, messages, and newsletter records of that email address (newsletter records store the which newsletters were sent to, received, and viewed by an email address).
If you have any privacy-specific concerns you’d like to discuss with us, please message us at email@example.com.